- A meeting of the Owyhee Irrigation District Board will be held on November 21st, at 10:00am at the district office located at 422 Thunderegg Blvd. Nyssa, Oregon 97913. A meeting of the Joint Board of Directors will follow.
- If you wish to attend by telephone, please call our office by 3 p.m. the day before the meeting to get a call-in number.
We have set up a notification process so you can be aware as soon as possible if water delivery has to be interrupted due to major canal breaks, pumping plant malfunctions, or other unexpected interruptions. If you would like to sign up to be on the "Outage Alert" notification list;
- Visit our website & sign up: Outage Alert Notification List
- Call the Office to be added to the Notification List
Each year we receive several special project requests from water users, from laying pipes & installing head gates to moving turnouts & cleaning out ditches.
We do our best each year to prioritize & complete as many projects as possible, but we don't always get every request in time or we're not able to complete each project before the water season starts.
We have added a page on our website to allow water users to submit their project requests year around, when water season ends we can begin looking at all the project requests, & get a plan for the off-season.
If you have a project you would like the District to consider completing for you, go to http://www.owyheeirrigation.org/special-use-water-user... & submit your request to be considered for this year!
We prioritize projects based on first come first serve as well as urgency/safety. Most projects are subject to a deposit before the work begins & payment for the materials/equipment/labor when the project is completed. Specifics regarding the cost of the project are discussed with the water user before the project is added to the schedule.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for details & updates.
- We have begun posting updates when the Owyhee Dam is changing the amount of flow being released into the Owyhee River based on Irrigation Water orders. Interested in being notified about these changes & more? Click the links below to access our pages & follow us.
- Each year we pay YOU to catch gophers within the jurisdiction of Owyhee Irrigation District to help reduce gopher holes that can severely damage the canals & ditches causing damage to surrounding lands as well as possibly inhibit water delivery.
- As of 2023 the District will NOT be mailing out the monthly water usage statements.
- Water users will need to view water usage details through the Customer Portal or contact the office for assistance and/or an alternative option to view water usage data.
- Click the link below to access your Customer Portal!